You may be experiencing neck pain and wonder whether or not all neck discomfort is the same. It’s not.
Neck pain can be experienced with a long list of other problems. The combination of symptoms gives us a clue as to why you have neck pain. Below is a list of some of the common symptoms that are commonly experienced with neck discomfort:
- Headache – This may occur because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or due to trigger points within the muscles that refer pain in the head. Pinched nerves in the neck can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness indicates that the muscles are trying to prevent movement so that no further damage will occur to the underlying structures of the neck.
- Poor range of motion – The inability to move your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This symptom implies that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision changes – This symptom implies that injury to your neck is more than just a strained muscle or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Fatigue is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Your Rockwall, TX doctor of chiropractic, Dr. Keith, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Rockwall, TX, call us for a consultation today at (972) 771-9448!
Dr. Charles Keith